Object Oriented Java
This seminar is aimed at those who do not have a solid knowledge of Programming with Java. Includes Programming Insertion, Object Model, and Selected and Manage Exceptions with Java. The seminar is aimed at:
- Whoever wishes to acquire a solid background in the Java Programming language that will then allow him to attend the Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer.
- The novice Developer wishing to conquer the basic Java programming framework.
Prerequisites: The ability to read and understand English is required. There is no need for speaking or listening English.
Duration: 30 hours divided into 3 months
On-line: From your home you are attending the lesson live through an on-line teaching system that gives you full opportunities for participation and intervention just as you would attend a seminar in face-to-face teaching.
For Living: Living classes may be set up according to the local seminar demand.
Asynchronous teaching: Using asynchronous teaching software, you will be provided with tutorial material and support for the programming tasks you will undertake in the course of the seminar.
Skype: Contact skype to provide personalized online help in programming tasks.
- Define the scope of variables
- Define the structure of a Java class
- Create executable Java applications with a main method
- Import other Java packages to make them accessible in your code
Working With Java Data Types
- Declare and initialize variables
- Differentiate between object reference variables and primitive variables
- Read or write to object fields
- Explain an Object’s Lifecycle (creation, “dereference” and garbage collection)
- Call methods on objects
- Manipulate data using the StringBuilder class and its methods
- Creating and manipulating Strings
Using Operators and Decision Constructs
- Use Java operators
- Use parenthesis to override operator precedence
- Test equality between Strings and other objects using == and equals ()
- Create if and if/else constructs
- Use a switch statement
Creating and Using Arrays
- Declare, instantiate, initialize and use a one-dimensional array
- Declare, instantiate, initialize and use multi-dimensional array
- Declare and use an ArrayList
Using Loop Constructs
- Create and use while loops
- Create and use for loops including the enhanced for loop
- Create and use do/while Use break and continue loops
- Compare loop constructs
Working with Methods and Encapsulation
- Create methods with arguments and return values
- Apply the static keyword to methods and fields
- Create an overloaded method
- Differentiate between default and user-defined constructors
- Create and overload constructors
- Apply access modifiers
- Apply encapsulation principles to a class
- Determine the effect upon object references and primitive values when they are passed into methods that change the values
Working with Inheritance
- Implement inheritance
- Develop code that demonstrates the use of polymorphism
- Differentiate between the type of a reference and the type of an object
- Determine when casting is necessary
- Use super and this to access objects and constructors
- Use abstract classes and interfaces
- Differentiate among checked exceptions, RuntimeExceptions and Errors
- Create a try-catch block and determine how exceptions alter normal program flow
- Describe what Exceptions are used for in Java
- Invoke a method that throws an exception
- Recognize common exception classes and categories
Cost: 300 Euro
Duration: 35 hours
20% discount for those students enrolled at OCAP and Java Fundamentals
Register for “Object Oriented Java”
The hours and days of the lectures will be finalized upon completion of the registrations and consultation with the interested students.